Log of changes on this site
September 1997 through July 1998
Please refer to ChangeLog.html for the most recent changes
July 10, 1998
June 26, 1998
Added a number of documents and code archives pertaining to a HTTP Virtual File System:
- A WIP presentation at USENIX'98 [collection of
- An archive of the above collection [
- An article announcing a HTTP VFS server in Perl for UNIX/Win95/WinNT
- The VFS-server in Perl code archive
May 8, 1998
March - April 1998
- Added a few more pieces of Scheme utility code:
along with very extensive verification code.
- An article about Monads, Scheme, and IO
- Added a reference to a Weather Observation Markup Format, an application of XML to annotate weather observation reports -- another daytime project of mine
- Added an introduction and extensive discussion of
AND with local bindings - a guarded
LET* Scheme special form
- Added another small project: C code that implements a neuron that learns how to play blackjack
January - February 1998
- A grand new version of a Basic Linear Algebra and Optimization classlib (LinAlg41) is now available.
A Brent univariate minimization/root finding package is now a part of the LinAlg v4.1, and therefore no longer distributed separately.
- Added the description of an HTTP virtual file system for GNU Midnight Commander.
- Added a Web form/CGI script to search a database of weather observation stations. It is as a typical example of CGI-database-Scheme programming.
- Added a description of a set of native Scheme procedures providing access to common POSIX library facilities and UNIX system calls: OS interfacing. Of note:
- The main index of the Scheme code archive is reorganized: util.html and misc.html are chipped off.
- Added an application that displays the current contents of an extended PRAM. The application is merely a compiled code mentioned on the xPRAM page.
December 5, 1997
- A Communications page got a face-lift: improved layout and descriptions of packages. The page points to a new, 1.4, version of
exec_with_piped.c, with a more efficient block i/o of pipes. This also eliminates an old line size limitations. (It beats me why I used a line i/o in the first place).
- The paper "A Dream of an Ultimate OS" is now available in HTML form.
- A few updates to the Scheme code archive
CGI-unquote.scm, a form parameters parser, now returns parameters' names as symbols rather than strings; it also trims leading spaces from parameters' values (which are still returned as strings).
- input-parse.scm is renamed into
util.scm and extended with functions
list-intersperse!. The new file contains another implementation of
next-token-list-based, which accumulates token characters in a list rather than placing them into an extendable string buffer. It appears that the original, string-buffer-based version of
next-token is faster.
vmyenv.scm, added validation tests for
October - November 1997
- Added a source code that opens extended file names
- Added description of The most primitive and nearly universal Scheme-database interface
- Added an explanation of a technique to flatten a list by infecting it with a lazy virus
- Added a curious C code that computes big powers of three fast
- Added a simple example of programming in a Finite Automaton style
- Added code that solves an optimization (text layout) problem with Dynamic Programming
September 12 and 26, 1997
- Embarked on rearranging and re-laying out of the entire site.To be continued.
- Added a reference to my daytime project, ``Pushing Weather
Products via an HTTP pipe''
- LinAlg, BrentOptimization, Image and
FBCSolution packages have been compiled on the BeOS Preview Release, and submitted to the BeWare
- Noted that a Mac distribution of version 2.3 of a Advanced i/o and arithmetic compression classlib is available from Info-Mac as
- Added a description and a Scheme implementation of Treaps, an ordered dictionary data structure based on randomized search trees
- Noted that version 3.5 of the Flight-through-clouds thing is available from Info-Mac as
continues in a separate document, ChangeLog-1.html
continues in a separate document, ChangeLog-0.html