Where could we go from here
View GRIB files under CSPD
any GRIB files
Make NODDS server to dispense data in GRIB format
which gives compression of grids by itself
All NODDS client/server interaction can be done via
with the server keeping users' profiles
- the only database that is fully relational and fully object-oriented at the same time
- refer to non-standard (user-defined and complex) data types in SQL queries just as easy as strings and numbers
- can index 2D data (using
R-trees) and retrieve them efficiently
a flexible and efficient weather viewer based on multi-layered maps
- gridded data/satellite images/annotations as hot-swappable reshuffable overlays
- Remote publish-and-subscribe of weather info
- A data center publishes grids, satellite pictures, etc.
- A client assembles a map from the layers gotten from (maybe different) centers.
- When the center updates the info, client sees the changes automagically.